06:59:00 Employee Recruitment and Selection Policy
- The Recruitment and Selection Policy (hereinafter referred to as "the policy") contains the policy of conduct observed by Chattanooga State Community College in the recruitment and selection process. The purpose of the policy is to provide a standard for the recruitment and selection procedure. The policy is set up chronologically, from the time that the job becomes open for recruitment to the date the position is filled.
- Chattanooga State Community College (hereinafter referred to as "the College") is committed to employ, in its best judgment, suitable candidates for approved positions while engaging in recruitment and selection processes that are in compliance with all applicable employment laws. It is the policy of Chattanooga State Community College to provide equal employment opportunity for employment to all applicants and employees.
- It is the objective of the College to hire the best qualified. The determination of best qualified will be at College's sole discretion.
- Recruitment activities will be conducted for each vacancy to the extent that is practicable to assure a pool of well-qualified candidates:
- The applicant will be chosen on the basis of suitability with respect to the position.
- The applicant will be informed on the application procedure and the details of the vacant position.
- The College will request that the applicant provide only the information that is needed to assess suitability for the position.
- The applicant will provide the company with information it needs to form an accurate picture of the applicant's suitability for the vacant position.
- The information provided by the applicant will be treated confidentially and with due care; the applicant's privacy will also be respected in other matters.
- If an applicant submits a written complaint to the College, the College will investigate and respond to the complaint in writing.
- Posting Vacancies
When positions at the College are or will become vacant, a notice of vacancy will be prepared and distributed in accordance with procedures established by the Office of Human Resources.
- Applications for Employment
Each candidate for employment will be required to make written application indicating qualifications for a position on the form and in the manner provided by Human Resources.Additional information required to be submitted with the application, such as references or certifications, will be specified in the individual posting of vacancy.
- Screening Applications
Human Resources shall be responsible for establishing procedures for screening all employment applications on the basis of bona fide occupational qualifications.On the basis of the screening of applications, employment interviews will be granted.
- Employment Interviews
Applicants recommended for employment with the College will be interviewed by one or more representatives of the College.
- Appointment to Position
All employees of the College will be employed by action of the President of the College upon recommendation for employment by Human Resources, except as required by Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR) policies and guidelines.Human Resources will recommend to the Office of the President all candidates to be approved for hire stating rate of pay, classification and status.Human Resources and Vice Presidents may, in its sole discretion, appoint a person to a vacancy on a contingent basis, pending approval by the President of the College, for a period not to exceed sixty (60) days.A person may be appointed to a faculty vacancy on a contingent basis, pending approval by the President of the College, for a period not to exceed one (1) academic year - August thru May.
- Exceptions to this Policy must be approved by the President or the senior administrator over Human Resources.
- Individuals who believe their applicant/employment rights have been violated may file a complaint with the:
- Executive Director of Human Resources Chattanooga State Community College
- Center for Business Industry & Health (CBIH) Building, Room 222
- 4501 Amnicola HighwayChattanooga, Tennessee 37406.1097
- Office: (423) 697.2417
New Policy Submitted to Policy Review Committee on October 24, 2018
Submitted to Policy Review Board on November 30, 2018
Approved by Policy Review Board on December 6, 2018