03:27:00 Student Right-to-Know Policy
- Chattanooga State complies with the following student consumer information disclosure requirements:
- Report of data on crimes committed on campus and campus safety policies and procedures required by the Student Right-to-Know and Campus Security Act of 1990. [34 CFR 668.47]
- Report of graduation or completion rates and transfer-out rates for 1) the general population of full-time, degree or certificate seeking, undergraduate students and 2) students who receive athletically-related student aid, broken down by race and gender within sports required by the Student Right-to-Know and Campus Security Act of 1990. [34 CFR 668.49]
- Report of data on participation rates and financing of men's and women's sports in intercollegiate athletic programs at coeducational schools as required by the Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act of 1994. [34 CFR 668.48]
- Report of data on revenues, total expenses, and operating expenses of intercollegiate athletic programs as required by 34 CFR 668.14. [34 CFR 668.14(d) (1)]
- Distribution of drug abuse prevention materials to all students and employees in accordance with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988 and the Drug-Free Schools & Communities Act. [34 CFR 86.100]
- Annual notification of privacy rights to all students in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974. [34 CFR 99.7]
- Publish and make readily available to current and prospective students a description of all the Federal, State, local, private and institutional student financial assistance programs available to students who enroll at the institution. [34 CFR 668.42 and 668.43]
- Campus Safety and Security
- A monthly security and annual campus crime statistical report may be obtained from the Chattanooga State Police Department. Crime prevention materials are distributed to faculty, staff, and students on a regular basis.
- The Chattanooga State Police Department (CSPD) is located on the Main Campus in the Media Technology Building, Room 120. The phone number is (423) 697-4467. The CSPD is responsible for safety and security on all of the Chattanooga State campuses. Chattanooga State maintains a 24-hour dispatch service accessible by police radio, telephone, direct emergency phones located across campuses, and by pedestrian traffic during normal business working hours. Officers patrol the campus by automobile and on foot 24 hours a day. The CSPD is open 365 days a year. Student, staff, faculty, and visitors are encouraged to report all campus crimes to the CSPD immediately.
- Student Records Regulations
- At Chattanooga State Community College records are considered confidential. Public Law 93-380, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and the Tennessee Public Records Act govern the college's policy regarding the use and release of student records.
- Under the terms of these laws, the college and its employees are charged with protecting the confidentiality of the educational records of its students - prospective students, currently enrolled students, and former students. The college is empowered to disclose relevant portions of student records to faculty and staff determined to have a legitimate educational interest.
- All exceptions to this policy, including disclosure to external persons or agencies, shall be administered by the registrar, the vice presidents for Academic and Student Affairs or the president.
Submitted to Policy Review Committee on February 10, 2020
Submitted to Policy Review Board on March 6, 2020
Approved by Policy Review Board on April 8, 2020
See Previous Version(s):
Reviewed and Revised by Student Affairs, 03/27/09
Approved by Executive Staff, President's Cabinet, and President, May 20, 2009