Affirmative Action Policy
06:05:00 Affirmative Action Policy
- Chattanooga State Community College is expressly committed to maintaining and promoting non-discrimination in all aspects of recruitment and employment of individuals at all levels throughout the College. Specifically, it is the intent of Chattanooga State to recruit, hire, and promote all faculty and staff without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or disability unrelated to job performance. The College will not tolerate any conduct by an administrator, supervisor, faculty, or staff member which constitute sexual harassment. Chattanooga State has an Affirmative Action Program for ensuring equal employment opportunity for women, members of racial minority groups, persons with disabilities, and Vietnam era veterans. The College complies with the Age Discrimination in Employment Act. Decisions in all employment actions will be based upon the individual's qualifications, merit, and professional ability and made in conformance with all current legal requirements. All personnel actions, programs, and facilities will be administered in accordance with equal opportunity and affirmative action policies, including recruitment, selection, assignment, classification, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff and recall, termination, determination of wages, conditions and benefits of employment, selection for training or retraining, and social and recreational programs.
- An Affirmative Action Officer has been appointed to keep the President advised on the status of equal employment and affirmation actions on a continuing basis. This officer serves as an extension of the President's office and is directly responsible for the administration of the Affirmative Action Plan. The Affirmative Action Officer also serves as the Title IX Coordinator, the ADA and Section 504 Coordinator for employment.
- The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies as well as monitors and oversees Title IX complaints: Brian Evans, Executive Director, Human Resources (Affirmative Action Officer) at 423-697-3374, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. His office is located in the CBIH Building, room 232.
- To realize the declarations set forth above, Chattanooga State will, in all solicitations and advertisements for employees placed by or on behalf of the College, state its position as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The College will engage the services of only those professional organizations, employment agencies, contractors, or agents whose policies are in alignment with the equal employment opportunity policy of the College. Chattanooga State will broadly publish and circulate its policy of equal employment opportunity by inclusion in all correspondence, media communication, and printed matter for employment purposes. Further, the College will consider, through appropriate and designated procedures, the complaint or grievance of any individual who has reason to feel that he or she has been affected by discrimination because of race, color, religion, gender, natural origin, or disability.
- Further, as an institution of higher education, and in consonance with its policy of equal employment opportunity, Chattanooga State hereby declares its policy of equal educational opportunity. All applicants for admission will be considered solely upon the basis of individual qualifications. All available student job opportunities will be filled without regard to an applicant's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or disability unrelated to job performance. Any employee or student who has reason to feel he or she has been affected by discrimination should contact the Affirmative Action Officer in the Human Resources Department.
Source: Tennessee Board of Regents Policy No. 5:01:02:00 and Policy No. 2:02:10:01. Approved
Executive Staff, President's Cabinet, and President, August 21, 2000.
Approved: Executive Staff, 05/20/09
Approved: President's Cabinet, 05/20/09
Approved: President, 05/20/09
Reviewed and Revised by: Department, November, 2008