Skip to Navigation

Request Information

Enter Your First Name.
Enter Your Last Name.
Enter Your E-mail Address.
Enter Your Phone Number
Enter Your Date of Birth.
Enter Your Address.
Enter Your City.
Enter Your Zip Code.
Enter Your Gender
Please select an area you are interested in from the dropdown.
choose the semester you plan to enroll at Chattanooga State.
Please submit any other information or inquiries in this box.
    Chattanooga State Community College
  Nov 24, 2017
2017-2018 CATALOG

Engineering & Information Systems Technologies Division

Return to Academic Divisions Return to: Academic Divisions

Chattanooga State offers two-year degrees in both Engineering Technology and a Pre-Engineering transfer program. Students interested in these fields need to know the difference between Engineering and Engineering Technology.

  • Engineering uses mathematics, science, experience, and judgment to develop ways to benefit humanity.
  • Engineering Technology supports engineering through knowledge, methods, and technical skills. It lies between the craftsman and the engineer, closer to the engineer.

Engineering Technology courses (those with prefixes CI, DD, EE, ET, MD), while not generally accepted at four-year institutions offering degrees in Engineering, are accepted at many four-year Engineering Technology programs, and are accepted by UTC's Engineering Technology Management B.S. program. The degree also offers immediate job opportunities.

Pre-Engineering students should follow the articulation agreement for the senior institution to which they plan to transfer. The department is working especially close with UTC's Engineering School so that transfer credit hours are maximized.

Office Location: Center for Advanced Technology - C 75

Telephone: 423-697-4434

Division Web site: and information technology/

A grade of "C" or better is required in all prerequisite courses and in all courses specified by course numbers in the summary of required hours.

Note:  Any program-directed or technical electives require "C" or better in all course work.

Return to Academic Divisions Return to: Academic Divisions