The page uses Browser Access Keys to help with keyboard navigation. Click to learn moreSkip to Navigation

Different browsers use different keystrokes to activate accesskey shortcuts. Please reference the following list to use access keys on your system.

Alt and the accesskey, for Internet Explorer on Windows
Shift and Alt and the accesskey, for Firefox on Windows
Shift and Esc and the accesskey, for Windows or Mac
Ctrl and the accesskey, for the following browsers on a Mac: Internet Explorer 5.2, Safari 1.2, Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape 6+.

We use the following access keys on our gateway

n Skip to Navigation
k Accesskeys description
h Help

Request Information

Enter Your First Name.
Enter Your Last Name.
Enter Your E-mail Address.
Enter Your Phone Number
Enter Your Date of Birth.
Enter Your Address.
Enter Your City.
Enter Your Zip Code.
Enter Your Gender
Please select an area you are interested in from the dropdown.
choose the semester you plan to enroll at Chattanooga State.
Please submit any other information or inquiries in this box.
    Chattanooga State Technical Community College
  Feb 25, 2018

04:21:00 Motor Vehicle Use

  1. Introduction: State vehicles are provided for faculty and staff use in the pursuit of college sanctioned business.
  2. In order to provide the safest and most efficient use of this limited resource, the following guidelines are provided:
    1. All motor pool vehicles, excluding maintenance vehicles, are assigned through Plant Operations during normal operating hours of 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
    2. Vehicles can be reserved by calling Plant Operations. If a vehicle is not needed after a reservation is made it must be cancelled as soon as possible in order to release the vehicle for another user. Two failures to release an unneeded reservation will result in loss of reservation privileges.
    3. Keys must be picked up at Plant Operations and a Motor Vehicle Trip Permit must be completed. Pick-up must be between 7:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. M-F, unless other arrangements are made.
    4. Upon return, keys and forms must be turned in to Plant Operations. If returning after hours, keys and forms must be placed in the drop box located in the side door or the mechanical shop inside the fenced compound.
    5. Vehicles must be locked and placed in the compound upon return. Keys issued with the vehicle allow access to the compound after hours.
    6. Personal items and trash must be removed from the vehicle upon return.
  3. Vehicle Operation
    1. The vehicle operator must be a full or part-time employee under contract to the college, with a valid vehicle operator's license.
    2. The operator is responsible for the safe operation of the vehicle, the safety of any passengers, and the condition of the vehicle upon return.
    3. Vehicles must not carry more than the maximum passenger limit.
    4. All occupants must wear seatbelts at all times that the vehicle is in motion.
    5. All state and local traffic laws must be obeyed at all times. Traffic violations will be the personal responsibility of the vehicle operator.
    6. The use of tobacco products is not allowed in college vehicles.
    7. The use of radar detection devices in state vehicles is prohibited.
  4. Accidents and Mechanical Troubles
    1. In case of an accident involving a College vehicle, reports must be filed with the local enforcement agency. Campus security must also be notified as soon as possible.
    2. If an accident or mechanical breakdown renders the vehicle inoperable the operator must arrange to have the vehicle transported to a service facility for evaluation. The facility should contact Plant Operations with details and for instructions on how to proceed.
    3. Arranging transportation home would be the responsibility of the operator.
    4. For minor accidents or mechanical breakdowns, the operator of the vehicle may spend up to $500.00 on quality repairs without obtaining Plant Operations approval. If a problem occurs in the state of Tennessee, the local Tennessee Department of Transportation may be able to provide the service and bill the College for the cost. A detailed report of all repairs made must be turned in to Plant Operations.
    5. Cost associated with these incidents may be charged to the College credit card if available or reimbursed upon return to the campus by normal reimbursement procedures.
    6. Any mechanical abnormalities noticed but not repaired should be reported upon return on the Motor Vehicle Trip Permit form.
  5. Notice of Liability and Penalties for Misuse
    1. A notice of liability and penalties for misuse of motor vehicles is posted at Plant Operations and is contained in each vehicle.
  6. Fuel and Oil
    1. Vehicles should already be full of oil and fuel when they are picked up.
    2. If fuel is needed during the trip, a Fuelman Service station should be located from the map in the vehicle. Stations are located throughout the country. Fuel, and oil if necessary, should be obtained from these locations by following the outlined procedure in the vehicle. The college receives fuel and oil discounts through Fuelman, and thus these sites should be used if at all possible.
    3. If a Fuelman station is not available fuel may be purchased by individual and reimbursed upon return to the campus by normal reimbursement procedures.
    4. All fuel receipts must be turned in to Plant Operations along with the Motor Vehicle Trip form.
    5. Fuel may also be obtained from other Board of Regents Institutions that have motor pool fuel tanks and the cost billed to Chattanooga State.

Approved: Executive Staff, 05/20/09
Approved: President's Cabinet, 05/20/09
Approved: President, 05/20/09
Revised: Business and Finance, January 28, 2009