- Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR) Policy No. 3:02:02:00, Use ofCampus Property and Facilities, and TBR Guidelines G-030, Contracts and Agreements.
- The purpose of these policies and procedures is to provide a basis for the College to regulate the use of campus property and facilities by affiliatedand non-affiliated groups, organizations and individuals.
- For the purpose of these policies, the following definitions apply:
- Student - a person currently registered for a credit or non-credit course of program
- Guest - person invited by a student, official or employee of the College to visit the campus at a specific time or event.
- Affiliated Group or Organization - an officially registered student group or organization, or a group or organization funded and/or sponsored by the college, or a group or organization of faculty or other employees of the college approved by the President. The term shall include alumni associations, booster clubs, etc. which is organized or operated for the benefit of the college.
- Non-affiliated Group or Organization - any group or organization which is not an "affiliated group or organization".
- Affiliated individuals - persons connected with the college including faculty, staff and students.
- Non-affiliated Individual - any person who is not an "affiliated" individual.
- System of Priority for Property and Facility Usage
- Credit and non-credit instruction receive top priority for facility usage. After scheduling credit and non-credit instruction, requests will be considered for usage of facilities by groups or individuals.
- Affiliated groups, organizations and individuals are given next priority in the use of property and facilities.
- Non-affiliated groups, organizations or individuals desiring use of college property or facilities must submit a written application for consideration at least 14 days in advance (excluding weekends and holidays). Upon receipt, applications will be reviewed for availability.
- Scheduling Use of Facilities
- Credit Classes - The use of classroom and laboratory facilities for credit classes is coordinated by the Academic Facilities Coordinator.
- Faculty/Staff Meetings and/or Programs - Meeting space for campus meetings, student services sponsored events, student orientations, testing, etc. that relate to the day to day business of the college will be scheduled through the campus switchboard operator, Business and Community
- Development Center, or the academic facilities coordinator.
- It is the responsibility of the faculty/staff personnel scheduling the meeting/event to notify the appropriate campus departments. If outside guests will be attending, notification must be sent to campus security. Plant Operations should also be notified for large groups of 50 plus in
- attendance, events involving food service, and/or events requiring special room set-up.
- Food for meetings must be provided by the Chattanooga State Food Services department, unless otherwise approved by the Executive Vice-President of Business and Finance. Food requests must be submitted to Director, Food Services fourteen (14) days prior to event.
- Outside Organizations (Non-affiliated Groups or Organizations - Facility usage by non-affiliated groups or organizations will be scheduled through the Business and Community Development Center.
- An "Application for Use of Facilities by Outside Organizations" must be submitted at least 14 days in advance (excluding weekends and holidays).
- Upon receipt of application, it will be reviewed for space available and appropriateness of activity. If approved, the organization will be notified of approval along with the charges for facility usage, as determined by the college.
- General Policies/Procedures
- In addition to the policies outlined in the TBR Policy No. 3:02:02:00, Policy on Use of Campus Property and Facilities, the college policies include the following:
- Campus facilities are not intended to be leased for long-term usage.
- Chattanooga State Food Services department must provide food for campus events, unless otherwise approved by the Executive Vice-President of Finance.
- No signs are to be taped or otherwise affixed to indoor walls, doors or windows, or to outdoor signs, poles or other surfaces (only metal stake real-estate type signs should be used).
- No open flames are allowed in buildings.
- No fire exits are to be blocked.
- Smoking will only be allowed in designated areas outside buildings and an enclosed area adjacent to the cafeteria in Albright OmniPlex.
- Rental or lease agreements may be required for activities of non-affiliated groups.
- The following guidelines apply to demonstrations or peaceful assemblies:
- Any demonstration must be registered with the Vice-President for Student Affairs at least 48 hours in advance.
- No demonstrations are permitted within College buildings, at the location of any entry/exit, any fire hydrant or on any campus roadway.
- At the time of registration, the registrant is advised regarding reasonable demonstration activities including location of areas and length of time for completion of demonstration activity.
- Demonstration is not to block traffic.
- The right of expression is not to be confused license to incite violence or to use indecent language, which is prohibited because these are beyond legal and reasonable espousal of any cause for which demonstrations are confused.
- Chattanooga State Community College strictly adheres to the TBR Policy 03:02:02:00 Policy on Use of Campus Property and Facilities.
Approved: Executive Staff, 05/20/09
Approved: President's Cabinet, 05/20/09
Approved: President, 05/20/09
Revised: Business and Finance, January 28, 2009