Deferred Fee Payment
04:09:00 Deferred Fee Payment
- A student may enroll in the Deferred Fee Payment Plan online or at any campus location. The student must follow the policies listed on the Bursar's website in order to be eligible for the Deferred Fee Payment Plan.
- The following conditions apply to all requests for deferment of fees:
- The student must owe a minimum of $100 after applying any financial aid scholarships, fee waivers, and fee discounts from the balance owed.
- A minimum payment for one-half (50%) of current total fees plus a participation fee is due at the time of enrollment into the plan.
- Student hereby agrees to pay the remaining deferred balance as stated in this agreement in two (2) installments on or before the due dates specified for each installment.
- A late fee will be assessed for each installment payment not received by the due dates noted.
- It is further understood that installment amounts may change over time to account for any new charges, payments, adding or dropping classes, or financial aid adjustments.
- Should a student withdraw from school, any fees and charges already incurred are still due. Refunds are handled in accordance with the policies stated on our Chattanooga State Community College website: (http://www.chattanoogastate.edu/bursar/burmain.asp)
- Failure to meet the terms listed in the policy may entitle Chattanooga State Community College to:
1.Declare the full balance, plus late fees, to be immediately due and payable by law.
2.Refuse subsequent registration for any classes and/or drop current classes.
3.Withhold grades, diplomas, or transcripts from being released until the unpaid balance, as well as all attorney fees, legal expenses, and other costs are paid in full.
- Students that have failed to make timely payments in previous terms may be denied the right to participate in the deferred payment program in additional enrollment periods. When an installment is paid and is returned by reason of insufficient funds, said payment shall beconsidered delinquent. The student shall then be subject to a late payment and the College's standard charges relative to returned checks.
- When enrolling in this plan, it shall be understood by the student that in the event the services of a collection agency or attorney are required in order to collect the unpaid balance, said student shall be responsible for payment of collection fees or attorney's fees and court cost.
TBR Guideline B-070 Deferred Payment Plan
Approved: Executive Staff, 05/20/09
Approved: President's Cabinet, 05/20/09
Approved: President, 05/20/09
Revised: Business and Finance, January 28, 2009